My Favorite TV Show: Mr. Monk

dragonmaster01
For me, watching Monk is the best and I am willing to stop whatever I am doing to watch the show. Monk is a TV show that stars Tony Shalhoub as a brilliant detective who used to work in the San Francisco Police Department until his wife died. He blamed himself for being related to the police as the reason for her death. Because of her death, he had a nervous breakdown and forced to live the force. He becomes a recluse but later on comes back as a private eye helping the police solve cases. He continues to look for the murderer of his wife during the seasons.
This is a great TV show just because of the mystery involved with it. Mr. Monk is solving cases by looking at very minute details (an effect of the OCD he has form the trauma of his wife’s death) that happened during his investigation. He will find some obscure piece of evidence and connect the dots between pieces of evidence. He will then remember every single detail that happened to come up with a logical solution. He will play how the crime happened with his imagination and tell it to his friends in the police. Then they will go stop the bad guy before something even worse happens. Mr. Monk seems really cool when he does his work and kind of makes me remember Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie. He will use his “gray cells” to solve a difficult case that no one could have ever thought possible. For me especially, I try to solve the case and remember the details before he does and almost competition although Mr. Monk wins every single time.
Another part that I really enjoy is Mr. Monk’s problems and I don’t mean it in a derogatory tone. When his wife died he got many OCDs and fears. One example is whenever something that is not perfect or neatly organized, no matter what situation he is in, he has to fix it. This is shown, when he was running away from some people, but he noticed that someone had put flyers on cars along the street. But the flyers were all unorganized, so he took his time fixing each and every flyer on that street as he was running away. Not only did this slow him down, but also the person who was chasing him followed the neat flyers towards Mr. Monk. Also his fears of milk, touching others, walking under ladders and his other 309 fears make the show very amusing to watch. The other people around Mr. Monk and their reactions make the show hilarious every single time.
The humor and the great detective skills make me never want to stop watching this show. This show is cool and funny in almost a nerdy and geeky way and I enjoy how it is much different than other shows today. If I couldn’t see the re-runs of Monk, I don’t know what I would do.