STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite TV show: This is... SportsCenter!

KentSayre
This is… SportsCenter! The TV show SportsCenter is my favorite TV show to watch, simply because it updates me on all major sports events and action. When I hear the jingle or the “SportsCenter voice” as I call it, I automatically turn my head. This show covers every sport, from basketball to football to baseball, and even some sports that I don’t pay attention to. Because of this variety, I am able to interact with many of my peers more often because we have something to talk about. This show also makes me more aware of sports situations and I can compare these situations to my own life. For example, when SportsCenter has a segment about current events in the baseball world, I can relate to these events on a personal level. I can compare my own experiences with those of professional players, and therefore become wiser in the thinking aspect of baseball. Even with sports I don’t play I can increase my knowledge of the game. I don’t play football, but I have learned to love the game because of sports shows that talk about the sport. Another reason I can’t look away when SportsCenter is on is because it is always current. All news is recent and legitimate. I can rely on ESPN to tell me the real facts. Also, SportsCenter has the top 10 plays. This is one of my favorite regular segments of the show to watch. The plays really are amazing, but what really draws me to them is that there is always one better ranked in the countdown. Each play is followed with another better play. Except for after the number one spot, there is always something to look forward to. These best plays inspire me to better in sports so that maybe one day I can be as good as these players. There is also the not top ten, which make me stay just that extra two minutes to watch. These plays remind me that mistakes happen, and even though they can make one feel embarrassed or even sad, that people should just laugh at them. If the play wasn’t critical, then people should let it go. This also makes me realize that the number one way into the spotlight is a spectacular performance, and the second way is epically failing. Another reason I enjoy the show is the commentators. They are sports-intelligent and also somewhat comedic. For example, one reporter always says, “I’m wearing makeup, and this, is SportsCenter”. The commentators are humorous while also knowing what’s going on in sports. Overall the show SportsCenter makes me turn my head because by watching this show I can become more sports-intelligent and aware of current situations.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy