My favorite TV show: This is... SportsCenter!

KentSayre
This is… SportsCenter! The TV show SportsCenter is my favorite TV show to watch, simply because it updates me on all major sports events and action. When I hear the jingle or the “SportsCenter voice” as I call it, I automatically turn my head. This show covers every sport, from basketball to football to baseball, and even some sports that I don’t pay attention to. Because of this variety, I am able to interact with many of my peers more often because we have something to talk about. This show also makes me more aware of sports situations and I can compare these situations to my own life. For example, when SportsCenter has a segment about current events in the baseball world, I can relate to these events on a personal level. I can compare my own experiences with those of professional players, and therefore become wiser in the thinking aspect of baseball. Even with sports I don’t play I can increase my knowledge of the game. I don’t play football, but I have learned to love the game because of sports shows that talk about the sport. Another reason I can’t look away when SportsCenter is on is because it is always current. All news is recent and legitimate. I can rely on ESPN to tell me the real facts. Also, SportsCenter has the top 10 plays. This is one of my favorite regular segments of the show to watch. The plays really are amazing, but what really draws me to them is that there is always one better ranked in the countdown. Each play is followed with another better play. Except for after the number one spot, there is always something to look forward to. These best plays inspire me to better in sports so that maybe one day I can be as good as these players. There is also the not top ten, which make me stay just that extra two minutes to watch. These plays remind me that mistakes happen, and even though they can make one feel embarrassed or even sad, that people should just laugh at them. If the play wasn’t critical, then people should let it go. This also makes me realize that the number one way into the spotlight is a spectacular performance, and the second way is epically failing. Another reason I enjoy the show is the commentators. They are sports-intelligent and also somewhat comedic. For example, one reporter always says, “I’m wearing makeup, and this, is SportsCenter”. The commentators are humorous while also knowing what’s going on in sports. Overall the show SportsCenter makes me turn my head because by watching this show I can become more sports-intelligent and aware of current situations.