STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite TV Show: Glee

Sunshine47
Glee. One word, one show, so much love. Why is this my favorite you ask? “Have you ever watched it?!” is my answer. From season 1, to season 4, Glee is the musical pact high school drama that reminds kids that the freaks are the real winners of the world, and that nothing besides being yourself is ever acceptable. The characters in the show are the main attraction. Each one representing a different part of us. The goth, the snob, the perfectionist, the fashionista, the stud, and so many more. Every season presenting new characters, each character presenting new lessons, facing new challenges, teaching us about ourselves through the power of music. Glee uses a wide variety of music for all genres, and types of people to express all types of problems that we, the teenagers of America face everyday. They make it just a little bit easier, make a person feel a little bit better, a little bit more normal, more confident, more proud to be nothing else but themselves. The show and characters hold such good and close relationships, it makes you long to be a part of that club. I have cried because it occurred to me that I would never attend McKinnley high, Racheal Berry would never be my best friend, Kurt Hummel would never be my not-so-boy-friend, that Artie Adams would never sing love songs to me. The show is great in the fact it makes you want to be there, with them, in the cast, because it is so relatable. That, in my opinion, is when you know you’ve found a good show. When you can get so madly wrapped up in the story lines, feel the emotion as intensely as the characters, feel the words in the songs sung. This show makes me dream about my future and believe in myself. I know that it is okay to be different. So what I dress strange? So what my home life isn’t completely normal, and not nearly perfect? So what if I let my mind and soul wander among the high school halls? It is okay, because I am not alone. Glee always reminds me of that. You are never alone. Be you while you can, never forget who you are, chase your dreams until you can grasp them firmly in your hands, and never, ever, ever stop believing.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy