My Favorite TV Show: Glee

Sunshine47
Glee. One word, one show, so much love. Why is this my favorite you ask? “Have you ever watched it?!” is my answer. From season 1, to season 4, Glee is the musical pact high school drama that reminds kids that the freaks are the real winners of the world, and that nothing besides being yourself is ever acceptable. The characters in the show are the main attraction. Each one representing a different part of us. The goth, the snob, the perfectionist, the fashionista, the stud, and so many more. Every season presenting new characters, each character presenting new lessons, facing new challenges, teaching us about ourselves through the power of music. Glee uses a wide variety of music for all genres, and types of people to express all types of problems that we, the teenagers of America face everyday. They make it just a little bit easier, make a person feel a little bit better, a little bit more normal, more confident, more proud to be nothing else but themselves. The show and characters hold such good and close relationships, it makes you long to be a part of that club. I have cried because it occurred to me that I would never attend McKinnley high, Racheal Berry would never be my best friend, Kurt Hummel would never be my not-so-boy-friend, that Artie Adams would never sing love songs to me. The show is great in the fact it makes you want to be there, with them, in the cast, because it is so relatable. That, in my opinion, is when you know you’ve found a good show. When you can get so madly wrapped up in the story lines, feel the emotion as intensely as the characters, feel the words in the songs sung. This show makes me dream about my future and believe in myself. I know that it is okay to be different. So what I dress strange? So what my home life isn’t completely normal, and not nearly perfect? So what if I let my mind and soul wander among the high school halls? It is okay, because I am not alone. Glee always reminds me of that. You are never alone. Be you while you can, never forget who you are, chase your dreams until you can grasp them firmly in your hands, and never, ever, ever stop believing.