STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite TV show: The Bachelor: Every Rose Has Its Thorn

sjluvsu
"Ladies, that was the last rose for tonight", Chris Harrison says. I frown. "What about my rose!" I complain. This doesn't seem fair.
Every time I watch The Bachelor, something about watching dates and kisses, gets me excited. All these girls compete for a "chance at finding love" with this one bachelor, but only one gets to marry him. Then every week, one girl is eliminated and sent home by the bachelor himself. It may seem like a painful game. And it is.
At the beginning of the season, I see all of the girls, and I pick the one that I want to win. There's always one girl that I think will be perfect for the bachelor, depending on who he is. Many times, my prediction is accurate. But when I'm watching the show, I can't help but get jealous. I see the romantic one-on-one dates, in helicopters and yachts, traveling all over the world. I see the girls swooning over every move of the bachelor. I see his sparkling eyes filled with interest and love. I see the sincerity, especially when he is speaking.
At the rose ceremony, when the bachelor is handing out the roses, I can't help but watch with one eye closed. It's so hard to watch him make the choices. I can feel the tension, even in my room. If he makes a mistake and chooses the wrong girl, I turn off the TV in anger.
The best part is the engagement. I love it when the bachelor gets down on one knee and the girl is wearing a beautiful,long dress. He asks her to marry her, and she smiles and replies, "Yes!" I have this feeling of relief, now that it's finally happened.
This show has been my favorite since a couple of years ago. Despite all the work and tests I have, I will always make time. It's almost as if, this is my way to vent about love. This is actually quite an educational show. I make mental notes about what to do and what not to do. What better way is there, than to watch other people do it before you do? I learn from their mistakes. I consider it an indirect experience.
Some may say it's a stupid show that's pre-planned and corrupted. But for me, it's a way to dream about finding "the one" in the future.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy