My favorite TV show: The Bachelor: Every Rose Has Its Thorn

sjluvsu
"Ladies, that was the last rose for tonight", Chris Harrison says. I frown. "What about my rose!" I complain. This doesn't seem fair.
Every time I watch The Bachelor, something about watching dates and kisses, gets me excited. All these girls compete for a "chance at finding love" with this one bachelor, but only one gets to marry him. Then every week, one girl is eliminated and sent home by the bachelor himself. It may seem like a painful game. And it is.
At the beginning of the season, I see all of the girls, and I pick the one that I want to win. There's always one girl that I think will be perfect for the bachelor, depending on who he is. Many times, my prediction is accurate. But when I'm watching the show, I can't help but get jealous. I see the romantic one-on-one dates, in helicopters and yachts, traveling all over the world. I see the girls swooning over every move of the bachelor. I see his sparkling eyes filled with interest and love. I see the sincerity, especially when he is speaking.
At the rose ceremony, when the bachelor is handing out the roses, I can't help but watch with one eye closed. It's so hard to watch him make the choices. I can feel the tension, even in my room. If he makes a mistake and chooses the wrong girl, I turn off the TV in anger.
The best part is the engagement. I love it when the bachelor gets down on one knee and the girl is wearing a beautiful,long dress. He asks her to marry her, and she smiles and replies, "Yes!" I have this feeling of relief, now that it's finally happened.
This show has been my favorite since a couple of years ago. Despite all the work and tests I have, I will always make time. It's almost as if, this is my way to vent about love. This is actually quite an educational show. I make mental notes about what to do and what not to do. What better way is there, than to watch other people do it before you do? I learn from their mistakes. I consider it an indirect experience.
Some may say it's a stupid show that's pre-planned and corrupted. But for me, it's a way to dream about finding "the one" in the future.