My Favorite TV Show: Why I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of 'Revenge'

thomasb
The television has been an entertainment median for my family since I was born. Television shows are always changing to capture the audience’s appeal. Although our society today is filled with TV shows to choose from, not all of them or very few can gage a person’s interest and keep them watching from week to week. Luckily, I found one that keeps me intrigued and patiently waiting for a brand new episode every Sunday. Revenge is a thrilling drama that pushes the boundaries of TV. It is a show that I have been instantly attracted to and continue to watch. The most important part of it for me is that it brings my family together every Sunday.
Revenge is currently in its second season. It can be categorized as a thriller or mystery drama series. The prime time show airs on ABC on Sunday nights. The unique story line and constant mystery that is thrown at the viewers, is one of the reasons why I can not look away. The show also incorporates murder with romance and the battle of superiority in the setting of The Hamptons. Another big allure of the show is this notion of ‘revenge’ and how Emily Thorne, the main character, conspires to achieve it against the people who took advantage of her father and who were responsible for his death. Revenge is a word that we all can define but I have never seen a show make revenge its main objective.
The combination of great acting and an interesting, never boring, and mysterious plot engages viewers and keeps them coming back every week. This show seems to draw me in and entice me to watch it even more every episode. The day it airs I find myself anxious and eager to watch and see what happens. Then when it ends I always wish it was longer than 60 minutes. The story is extremely hard to summarize in little words, but if you have not watched it already, it is definitely worth the watch.