The need to fight

Dylan_Burnell
Why is it that people always need to fight? Yesterday at school, I got on the bus and like always, I walked to the back. As most people know, the back of the bus is reserved for upperclassman. When I get back, there it is practically filled with middle schooler's. Therefore, I ask me general “what’s up with all of the midgets?". I am tallish person and I have been calling middle schoolers midget since the first day of high school. I do not mean it in a bad way. It is just like a black person calling another black person the n-word There is no malice there. I turn around and this big girl that has gotten into a lot of trouble before is up in my face. She starts to rant and rave and then repeatedly asked me to hit me. Over and over again. I smiled and told her no and she started to get more and more agitated. It was like she was pumping herself up. “I just don’t care, fool I don’t care. Dropping the F bomb and everything else every time I said something that could have been a swear. I still have no idea why she was mad. Or why she felt the need to get in my face and make a huge deal out of absolutely nothing. I did not insult her. I did not insult her brother. I did not hit her. (In addition, I would not have even if she did hit me) Why do some people feel the need to fight even when there is nothing to fight over? Through this whole thing I was laughing my %$^ off. I am about a foot taller than this girl is even if she outweighs me by 30-40 pounds. If she were a person, I would have flattened him. But what are you supposed to do in that kind of situation? If she hit me and I defended myself, I am a bad person for beating up a girl. If I don’t defend myself I am the baby kid who got his hind whooped by a girl. Why do people feel this need to fight for everything? I can understand fighting for a cause. for your life. For a friend. But fighting over something as negligible as the above situation? It is sad...
Comment by futurejournalist

Maybe you offended her. Maybe her parents are midgets or one of her best friends. People have sensitive subjects that trigger anger, even if you didn't mean to and she saw that it was only a joke. Some of my friends were making fun of Obsessive-Compulsive people while I was standing near. I'm sure they didn't know that I have it, but it still made me uncomfortable, and pretty mad, too. People are sensitive and unpredictable. All you can do is try to avoid offending them, and apologizing when you accidentally do. :)
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:03:45 PM
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

No. She was not offended she was just being difficult. She is not all that smart and she knew that i didn’t mean anything by it. She was a "troubled" student who loves to get into fights with anybody for any reason. she Just likes to start stuff with people. It doesn’t have anything to do with being offended. she is just a spoiled brat. I had called the whole middle schooler population midgets almost every time i get on the bus. She just had a bad day and she needed to start something.
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:09:15 PM