My favorite T.V show: Once Upon A Time

galumar
The everlasting tale of once upon a time

My favorite T.V show once upon a time reminds me that I will always keep looking for my prince charming. They say that when you're little you dream about meeting your prince and setting off into the sunset together. The truth is when your little the prince isn't the love of your life the prince is simply a means to a big house and something called love. As we get older the word prince means so much more. Love becomes something so real and terrifying. Love is that explainable desire to see the other happy because in turn it makes you happy. We live in a world that's so evil and tragic that happy endings seem like the ideal life. Throughout my life I learned that the world is not one big happy ending but constant happy endings. Until once upon a time everything related with princes and princesses was an evil witch not letting them be together. Then through the magical power of love (after meeting for two days maybe just one) they defeat the witch and end up together; the end. Well what happens after? Once upon a time shows you the past and present of these iconic characters in a new light. This light makes you love these characters even more because they are real. Snow white met charming and didn’t love him right away but there was that initial attraction. The flame was lit and through time they kept the fire burning. At times the flame seemed as if it would give out but the faith and hope they have in themselves and in each other kept it alive. As naive and unreal as that may seem, to me it's not. Hope and faith are they key instruments to our day to day life. Without hope or faith I think half or more of this world would be clinically depressed. Once upon a time shows those old ideals of never giving up; fight for what you want. Yes there's the sword fighting and drama and that just makes it epic. Sword fighting reaches deep into our animalistic side. Not only is it sword fighting but its fighting for your kingdom, for your people, for the love of your life. A man who loves his daughter falling for the women that wishes the one thing in his life his loves the most dead, the poor farm boy becoming a prince, the coward who becomes the most powerful and feared man, the woman that fights better than any other man out there and must gain her respect. All these characters and their roles are ancient but they are concepts that will remain true till the end of time. I love this show because of its ideals and because even in today's world they show you that as corny as it may seem true love is the answer to everything. But that true love doesn't show up on your doorstep you have to go out and fight for it.

An essay by Galit alter

PS: the essay is 499 words the rest is the title and well the PS part.