STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite T.V show: Once Upon A Time

galumar
The everlasting tale of once upon a time

My favorite T.V show once upon a time reminds me that I will always keep looking for my prince charming. They say that when you're little you dream about meeting your prince and setting off into the sunset together. The truth is when your little the prince isn't the love of your life the prince is simply a means to a big house and something called love. As we get older the word prince means so much more. Love becomes something so real and terrifying. Love is that explainable desire to see the other happy because in turn it makes you happy. We live in a world that's so evil and tragic that happy endings seem like the ideal life. Throughout my life I learned that the world is not one big happy ending but constant happy endings. Until once upon a time everything related with princes and princesses was an evil witch not letting them be together. Then through the magical power of love (after meeting for two days maybe just one) they defeat the witch and end up together; the end. Well what happens after? Once upon a time shows you the past and present of these iconic characters in a new light. This light makes you love these characters even more because they are real. Snow white met charming and didn’t love him right away but there was that initial attraction. The flame was lit and through time they kept the fire burning. At times the flame seemed as if it would give out but the faith and hope they have in themselves and in each other kept it alive. As naive and unreal as that may seem, to me it's not. Hope and faith are they key instruments to our day to day life. Without hope or faith I think half or more of this world would be clinically depressed. Once upon a time shows those old ideals of never giving up; fight for what you want. Yes there's the sword fighting and drama and that just makes it epic. Sword fighting reaches deep into our animalistic side. Not only is it sword fighting but its fighting for your kingdom, for your people, for the love of your life. A man who loves his daughter falling for the women that wishes the one thing in his life his loves the most dead, the poor farm boy becoming a prince, the coward who becomes the most powerful and feared man, the woman that fights better than any other man out there and must gain her respect. All these characters and their roles are ancient but they are concepts that will remain true till the end of time. I love this show because of its ideals and because even in today's world they show you that as corny as it may seem true love is the answer to everything. But that true love doesn't show up on your doorstep you have to go out and fight for it.

An essay by Galit alter

PS: the essay is 499 words the rest is the title and well the PS part.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy