My favorite TV show: Once Upon A Time makes me wish there was more to this life than what is on the surface

ccronin2006
My favorite TV show: Once Upon A Time makes me wish there was more to this life than what is on the surface. Fairy tales and fantasy are always brushed to the side in reality and cast away from real life. They are viewed as polar opposites in society. No wonder why Once Upon A Time is so popular. It blurs the line between this life and one filled with magic, sorcery, and princesses. When I watch Once Upon A Time I cannot help but look away from its dynamic characters, its message, and the magic that is always present.
My favorite character, Snow White, is nothing like her cartoon Disney counterpart. She is brave, beautiful, and most of all, a fighter. Snow never stops fighting for what she believes in and is kind to everyone. When her evil stepmother vows to kill her, Snow sets her free in the hopes that she will change. Snow inspires me to be a better person. She also shows me that women are strong, even in fairy tales, and nobody should think low of us because of our gender.
Another reason why I love this show so much is because of its positive message. It shows that goodness and peace will always conquer evil, though several obstacles will be faced. The Evil Queen, who symbolizes most of the evil in the show, has a surprising tender side. Her love for her son Henry often triumphs over her desire to do bad deeds. And Rumpelstiltskin, a major character in the show, seems evil in the beginning. However, once he finds true love, he settles down and becomes a truly good person. Sometimes a little love is all a villain needs to become good.
The last reason I love Once so much is the presence of magic. Magic is a fascinating idea to me in a world filled with science. I am sure it is present around us, just not in the way it is in fairy tales. My mother always says that magic is love and good food. Yet I wish it was more active today. I am still a little girl at heart who wishes for a more magical outcome to life. One of my favorite characters, the Mad Hatter, once said, “You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problems and everyone refuses to believe in magic.”
Once Upon A Time has a lot of lessons that are taught and it is truly a magnificent show. I tune in every Sunday and wait to see what fix the characters will find themselves in next. It is an engaging show with fascinating special effects and beautiful scenery. I love it and hold it very close to my heart.