Make A Change: Take a Stand -- One Bully at a TIme

i.am.a.weirdoo
Throughout my grammar school years, between the grades of 4 and 6, I was bullied. The bullying wasnt physical, but emotional. I got teased about different things every day. No matter what i did or said, i got teased. And one person that i thought would always be by my side, wasnt. The main person bullying me told me that she wouldnt be her friend anymore if she was friends with me. So she disowned me as her friend. I felt pretty much alone because i had noone standing up for me but myself.
Then i met my best friend David. And soon, i learned that he was being bullied verbally and emotionally as well. He said that he didnt have many friends either. And i was glad that we both had each other. We had two other friends, but those people would never stick up for us. But we always had each other.
I feel like because I felt bad that i didnt really have anyone to stand up for me, that it'd be right to stand up for others. In 2013, I plan on taking a stand against bullying of all forms. Ive always hated bullying, even before i was bullied. And i feel like since i hated it, I dont want anyone else to feel like they dont have anyone else to turn to; I want to be that person. I feel good when I stand up for someone and Im glad when i am able to stop bullying. I want to end bullying, even if i have to do it one bully at a time.
Comment by Julie

Bullying is hard, and when someone does it to someone else, they never see the whole picture. And they care to know. Btw, I was born in IL too. :)
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 10:31:48 PM