STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Newtown Shooting: A Tragedy

Cassidy_Balkcom
The Newton shooting was a big loss. I think this world is becoming more and more hateful and evil everyday. More people are getting crazy ideas. Psychos are getting new ideas of how to kill other people. Newtown was not the only mass school shooting or school hostages. The crime rate is rising and effecting our schools. I think if we limit our weapons and have experienced professionals with guns at school to protect the students.
I do still think we need guns. For hunting and self-protection. I think that if the military guns are taken off the market it would decrease the crime rate. I think only handguns and rifles should be sold. Nothing that could a mass of people in 2.5 seconds should be availble to the public. I highly doubt that any person will need a gun like that. Just to limit our sales, I think would help decrease our crime rates.
I think that there should be one qualified and experienced person in each school for a special reason. If an intruder trustpasses on campus and is carrying a gun I think that there should be a person to defend the children otherwise we are helpless. Schools are filled with children. Children do not carry guns to school and are helpless against a bigger man with a gun. There needs to be someone there to defend the students. I think it would decrease the school schooting rates.
In conclusion, I think that if we limit the guns that are sold to the public that the crime rate would decrease and that if we have a trained defender in the schools that the shooting rate would decrease. All military gun types should be taking offf the market, away from the public. A few trained professionals need to be in everyschool and each school should have a plan if this situation arises. Those are my thoughts on the school shootings. I think the world would be a better place after these happen.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy