STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

gun contol

courtney_chandler
Gun Control
On Friday, December 14, 2012in Newtown, Connecticut there was a tragedy. A man named Adam Lanza killed his mother before she was awake. Lanza walked to Sandy Hook Elementary School. He walked into the school with a gun. He killed 20 first graders and 6 facility members. Then he took his own life. The week after this on Friday, December 21st the town rung twenty six bells in memory of all the children and adults that were killed. After the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut everyone started talking about gun control. To me only certain people need to have a gun. Also it needs to be harder to get a gun. You should have to take a test to get your gun license. When you get the gun license you should then have to take another test to make sure you are not mental or just plain out crazy. If you are mental then you do not need a gun. But, if you are perfectly okay then you should have a gun. Some people say that teachers need concealed weapons at school. I will agree with them on that. After the Newtown shooting I believe that every teacher should have one in the class room in there desk. I believe that every bus driver should have one also. The security at schools should be improved. Schools need have security guards. Parents need to have a photo id just to come in the school to check there child out. Every teacher and student should have an photo id also. There should be metal dectors at the front doors of the school. So if someone did try to come in and they had a gun the cops can be called right then and the security guards can stop them. The Newtown tragedy has taken a toll on everyone. When it happened it was a shock to everyone. How could someone do this to first graders? That is everyone’s question. They said that Adam Lanza was a little metal and that his mom keeps guns in the house. To me there should not be guns around your children. Unless you take them hunting. That is what I believe should happen.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy