gun contol

courtney_chandler
Gun Control
On Friday, December 14, 2012in Newtown, Connecticut there was a tragedy. A man named Adam Lanza killed his mother before she was awake. Lanza walked to Sandy Hook Elementary School. He walked into the school with a gun. He killed 20 first graders and 6 facility members. Then he took his own life. The week after this on Friday, December 21st the town rung twenty six bells in memory of all the children and adults that were killed. After the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut everyone started talking about gun control. To me only certain people need to have a gun. Also it needs to be harder to get a gun. You should have to take a test to get your gun license. When you get the gun license you should then have to take another test to make sure you are not mental or just plain out crazy. If you are mental then you do not need a gun. But, if you are perfectly okay then you should have a gun. Some people say that teachers need concealed weapons at school. I will agree with them on that. After the Newtown shooting I believe that every teacher should have one in the class room in there desk. I believe that every bus driver should have one also. The security at schools should be improved. Schools need have security guards. Parents need to have a photo id just to come in the school to check there child out. Every teacher and student should have an photo id also. There should be metal dectors at the front doors of the school. So if someone did try to come in and they had a gun the cops can be called right then and the security guards can stop them. The Newtown tragedy has taken a toll on everyone. When it happened it was a shock to everyone. How could someone do this to first graders? That is everyone’s question. They said that Adam Lanza was a little metal and that his mom keeps guns in the house. To me there should not be guns around your children. Unless you take them hunting. That is what I believe should happen.