My Thoughts on Newton: Guns Don't Kill, People Do

Jroll58
At my school I feel kind of safe. I do not feel fully safe because anyone can just walk on our campus. It would be easy for someone to come on our campus with a gun or weapon. I feel all school doors should lock from the inside. That way if someone does try to break into a class they will not be able to. Plus if something does happen on campus, whenever it’s all over the teacher will be the one opening the door, not somebody from the outside.

Before you enter on a campus you should be searched. That should apply for students, faculty, and visitors. There should be officers on duty on campus at all times. When you get on campus they should check for weapons. If you have any type of weapon or even anything that looks like it could be used to injure someone, you should be removed from the campus.

In my opinion they should not take away guns. People use guns for lots of reasons. Hunting is a main reason. Lots of people like to hunt, especially in the South. I do not feel you should take guns away from us just because of stupid people. Some people even have guns to protect themselves. You need guns for reasons like this. We have the right to guns, but I do feel we should take away automatic weapons. No one needs a automatic weapon except for military.

Schools should have more security on campus. Our school has one officer on campus, and he is not always on campus. I feel you should have at least three officers on campus every day. The more security on campus the better and the less likely it is for something bad to happen.

A lot of people sell guns on the streets. They buy them from stores then sell them. If you buy a gun from a store, they should check your background before they sell you a gun. If you have anything bad on your record you should not be able to purchase a gun. Police should also keep a better watch on guns being sold illegally. This is how I feel about guns and the safety of schools.