STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newton: Guns Don't Kill, People Do

Jroll58
At my school I feel kind of safe. I do not feel fully safe because anyone can just walk on our campus. It would be easy for someone to come on our campus with a gun or weapon. I feel all school doors should lock from the inside. That way if someone does try to break into a class they will not be able to. Plus if something does happen on campus, whenever it’s all over the teacher will be the one opening the door, not somebody from the outside.

Before you enter on a campus you should be searched. That should apply for students, faculty, and visitors. There should be officers on duty on campus at all times. When you get on campus they should check for weapons. If you have any type of weapon or even anything that looks like it could be used to injure someone, you should be removed from the campus.

In my opinion they should not take away guns. People use guns for lots of reasons. Hunting is a main reason. Lots of people like to hunt, especially in the South. I do not feel you should take guns away from us just because of stupid people. Some people even have guns to protect themselves. You need guns for reasons like this. We have the right to guns, but I do feel we should take away automatic weapons. No one needs a automatic weapon except for military.

Schools should have more security on campus. Our school has one officer on campus, and he is not always on campus. I feel you should have at least three officers on campus every day. The more security on campus the better and the less likely it is for something bad to happen.

A lot of people sell guns on the streets. They buy them from stores then sell them. If you buy a gun from a store, they should check your background before they sell you a gun. If you have anything bad on your record you should not be able to purchase a gun. Police should also keep a better watch on guns being sold illegally. This is how I feel about guns and the safety of schools.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy