Safety in Schools

morgan4
Safety in Schools

After the tragic event in Newton, people all over the world are on edge about safety. Parents and school employees everywhere are worried that this could happen to them. Since then, the discussion of gun control has been a trending topic. Gun control can have a positive and negative effect.
As most people use guns as a form of protection, others do not. The issue that has been brought up is that people should not be allowed to have guns. Others believe they have a right to own a gun for various reasons. These arguments have brought a lot of chaos to America.
Being a student in high school, I believe in having security during school hours. Since we have not had anything harmful happen, I feel safe. Even though we usually only have one officer patrolling the campus, I do not feel unsafe. Although we have not had a catastrophe here, more security would be helpful and reassure parents along with employees.
To better the students and employees here, the county should appoint more officers to watch over the campus and hallways. All entry ways should be locked after classes start. It would keep random strangers from walking in whenever they please. The county officials could also make renovations to classroom doors, putting locks on them that do not allow others to enter from outside. I believe teachers should be able to have a small handgun in a classroom closet for emergencies only. The gun should be locked away and only opened when the school is on lock down.
With all the crimes of today's world, everyone is concerned about safety. Schools should permit more security for classrooms and campuses. With gun control being an issue, a limited amount of guns should be allowed to citizens. I do not believe guns should be completely taken away because some are used for self defense. Buyers should have to show ID when buying any guns of some sort. They should also have to vouch for the amount of guns they own for security reasons. With more security around schools and communities, peoples' minds will be more at ease.