Our Rights

JennaRae

In America citizens should have the right to have their own gun. Not only for protection but also if that is there only way to bring home food at night. Hunting could be their only way of acquiring a food source. The people that do not have to live off of that for a living are the ones trying to take it away. They do not completely understand some people’s situations in life.
There is one point that I would like to make valid. Guns do not kill people; it is the crazy psychopathic morons behind the gun. Why take away guns when there are maniacs in the world? If anything that is a better reason to keep them so we can protect ourselves from people like that. Even if there become gun laws and they are banned. What is going to keep the killers from finding a gun? It is just like marijuana and meth, just because it is illegal does not mean people do not do it. Even if the guns are banned what or who is exactly from killing people with guns?
Mental people may kill for no specific reason but it is just as much as the schools fault for not having the right security that is needed. If the schools would check visitors as they walk in then that would prevent most of the shootings that come upon us. Every time someone goes to check a student out they should be checked for their identity and weapons. This could very possible reduce the amount of school shootings and murders. Schools need to take immediate action and make a shooting impossible to occur.
In my conclusion, I state that we should have the rights to bear arms. We should have the right to make our own decisions about the matter. No one person should be allowed to take this from us. We will not be able to protect ourselves from the people out there that have no mercy for another human being. What some people do not understand is that killers do not care who you are or what you do. They will kill and we need guns to protect ourselves.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura