Guns don’t kill people, people do.

Brandy Cauthen
Let’s just go ahead and clear the elephant in the room, should guns be legal or illegal? I personally believe guns should be legal to own by good, honest Americans. What I mean by good and honest people is people without a violent criminal record. Also people with past mental illness should not be allowed to own any type of gun. Why punish a majority of the good hardworking people for a few crazies in the world whom choose to shoot up elementary schools and other public places.
Another reason that they should outlaw guns for people that work hard is that it’s only going to take guns away from good people. Do you really think drug dealers and gang bangers go to gun shops with a gun permit? No, they don’t. As long as there are crazy people in this world their will always be violence. The only thing the government can do is try their best to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people.
A huge conflict in the against guns/ for guns debate is video games and their impact on children’s minds. I have played just about all of the first person shooter games, that doesn’t make me want to go out and shoot a bunch of folks. I agree Grand Theft Auto is a very graphic game and it could influence younger minds to think that killing someone is no big deal, but GTA is rated M for mature which is also intended for adults 18+ years of age. That is when it falls back on the parents who should monitor what their kids are doing instead of blaming other sources, such as the video game creators. There are a million reasons that can influence someone to pick up a gun and shoot people.