My Thoughts on Newtown: and the Key to Preventing It

DavidLee11
David Rogers
February 1, 2013

My Thoughts on Newtown, and the Key to Preventing It

The Newtown school shooting will forever be a horrible memory for many people. The thought of this makes me sick to my stomach. Why would anyone in this world want to murder children this way? This is a terrible tragedy to all people. With my thoughts on gun control, hopefully I can help prevent this from ever happening in the future.
The first step to eliminating these massacres would be cutting down and being stricter on the gun rights. Obviously polices and body guards and escorts are going to have guns. But besides these men, guns should be hard to come across. Preventing them from landing in so many people’s hands will reduce the risk of such massacres. People should be over the age of 30, graduated high school, and able to present a few valid reasons for wanting a gun before their even able to buy one.
Obviously if the law cracks down on the gun rights, there’s going to be more illegal gun selling. There isn’t much the law can do to prevent this. But hopefully you can make it so serious of a law that you scare people out of doing it. If anyone is ever caught buying or selling guns illegally they shall be prisoned forever. This should be handled to the most serious extent possible.
As far as schools go, they all need metal detectors. No matter how small or big the school is. Sad to say, but this should be a necessity in today’s world. Even if the school doesn’t have a violent history they still need metal detectors. This will prevent students from bringing weapons and metal objects to school. Therefore this will be preventing guns and knives on campus. Not giving even the slightest risk of someone coming and shooting in the school.
In conclusion, gun control is very important in the society we live in today. We must take charge now, to prevent anything such as the Newtown tragedy from happening again. Us cracking down and tightening up on our gun rights is essential in gun control. Eliminating all sources of illegal gun selling is also important. We don’t need this to ever happen again in our country. Most importantly, we must pray and never lose faith that our country is going to get better. Because at the end of the day, guns don’t kill people; people kill people. So prayer is the key!