My thoughts on newtown:stopping the tragedies

C.Acevedo32
Christian Acevedo

When a student walks into their campus, many will say they feel safe there, but there are also many others that will say the opposite of that. I am one of those that will say that they don’t feel safe at their school. Nobody knows when a random kid in there school will go crazy for getting bullied, mental problems or having issues at home, and then lose their mind. They could do a massacre at a school. There are a lot of things that can trigger this to happen. The list goes on and on after the Newtown shooting. People are more worried about something happening to there kids. Two things I think can stop things like this from happening are more security in and around the campus and a metal detector I think that will make kids think twice about what they are trying to do. So no I don’t feel safe at my school because someone can start shooting at any moment.
Having police officers in the campus will really help. Right here in Trade Tech I hardly see any police officers walking around and making sure its safe so anyone can just come and have a gun and nobody would know. Having cops in the campus would really help schools. This would be a huge solution to stop all this. Having cops around will definitely make other people feel safe in there school and even there parents will be more happy knowing that there safe at there school and they don’t have to worry about something happening to them.
I think most would like to have a metal detector in the entrance. Some people may not like having to do that everyday but it’s worth it and who wouldn’t like having that and knowing nothing is going to happen to them while they’re just going to get an education and not have to worry about some person just walking in and shooting for a personal reason that you didn’t have nothing to do with. There some that cost $2,000 but I think the school can afford it. They waste all this other money in electronics and I think they can spare $2,000 that will really be useful. And thinking about the Newtown shooting there were a lot of things that could have been done to stop that from happening.
All of this has gone too far and there has to be a change. If no one is willing to help and do something about it this will keep on happening every once in a while. And having those two things I said will help make a difference. If everyone is ready for a change the time is now. And having a metal detector and more police officers in the campus is the way to start.