STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My thoughts on Newtown: “Violence with music lyrics and games”

Maria_17
Maria Solórzano
1/31/13

My thoughts on New town:
“Violence with music lyrics and games”
I have seen many young kids and teenagers playing 1st shooter video games” or listening to violent music and it’s changing the way they act in our community.Music lyrics and violent video games all have something in common.They all have inappropriate language and the violence that young kids hear or see now in days. As we all know New town Massacre changed many people’s life and now we are questioning if video games and violent music might have been related to what happen.

Violent video games, or in other words “1st shooter video games” is changing young kid’s behavior in many ways. Kids start to learn inappropriate language and start to mention at school, at home, and with friends. Violet video games start to confuse their mind from reality and the game. Some kids start to fantasize that they’re the player in the game and that’s when they become violent. Violent video games can also get kids addicted to playing everyday so they stop to socialize. After playing for a while kids start to get interested in guns and other weapons too. I experienced a situation in my family when my little cousins were so into playing shooter games that they started to be violent with their mom. Every time she would tell them to do their chores they would talk back with all these inappropriate language.

You can be amazed of what’s behind the music lyrics young kids hear now in days in our society. Most of the music lyrics talk about sex, weed, killing, and express women in an unpleasant way. I as a women would not like to be called a ‘’Bitch” or a “Hoe”, and that’s how music today refer to us women. Young kids can start to develop the idea that calling a woman a “Bitch” can be okay and these will affect our community. Kids will start to treat women with no respect and be violent in a verbally way. Even though I’m not a mom yet, I wouldn’t like my kid hearing these type of language on the music lyrics and I’m sure other mothers wouldn’t either. Some Music lyrics that are in English or Spanish music such can be really violent. Fore example Corridos is a type of Spanish music that most of the time talks about guns and killing their enemies. Rap music can also be really violent not only for kids but for everyone.

What kids now in days are hearing and seeing in violent video games or in music lyrics affects their behavior. A lot of parents think that they wont get affected from the games but they do. They start to behave inappropriately and act different with others. Many young innocent kid’s life's were taken in New town and it’s up to you to make a change.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy