My Thoughts On Newtown: Not the Guns, the People

Not everyone understands how a gun can be used. They see one horrific incident and think they are treacherous. Unfortunately they don't see it's not the gun but the user. Their should not be restrictions on guns but the people. People should have limitations, knowledge, and be a certain age for guns.
I do think there should be limitations, not on guns but people. people like the mentally ill and prisoners should not be the type of person to carry a gun. Outstanding citizens with amazing track records are the type of people who should have guns. Like teachers or store clerks who help and serve people. You shouldn't just hand them the gun blindly though they should at least learn how o use it.
Knowledge is needed to handle a gun properly. When it is your first time shooting people don't know what to expect or how to handle it. Mandatory classes will fix that problem. They will teach them how to handle a gun safely. There also needs to be an age requirement in order.
You should be at least thirteen years old to start classes. It's a good age to start giving them responsibility and trust. It also lets them feel like they can defend themselves without having to relay on someone else. Plus they learn safety. Having these things will ,cause less accidents to happen.
The world needs to better understand guns. Yes they can be dangerous but they can also provide safety. Life is better with them. the limitations should not be on guns. People need the limitations, knowledge, and age requirements.

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.