My Thoughts On Newtown: Not the Guns, the People

MadisonL
Not everyone understands how a gun can be used. They see one horrific incident and think they are treacherous. Unfortunately they don't see it's not the gun but the user. Their should not be restrictions on guns but the people. People should have limitations, knowledge, and be a certain age for guns.
I do think there should be limitations, not on guns but people. people like the mentally ill and prisoners should not be the type of person to carry a gun. Outstanding citizens with amazing track records are the type of people who should have guns. Like teachers or store clerks who help and serve people. You shouldn't just hand them the gun blindly though they should at least learn how o use it.
Knowledge is needed to handle a gun properly. When it is your first time shooting people don't know what to expect or how to handle it. Mandatory classes will fix that problem. They will teach them how to handle a gun safely. There also needs to be an age requirement in order.
You should be at least thirteen years old to start classes. It's a good age to start giving them responsibility and trust. It also lets them feel like they can defend themselves without having to relay on someone else. Plus they learn safety. Having these things will ,cause less accidents to happen.
The world needs to better understand guns. Yes they can be dangerous but they can also provide safety. Life is better with them. the limitations should not be on guns. People need the limitations, knowledge, and age requirements.