Gun Control

Nadia

Nadia Khan
Park View High School

Stage of Life
Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. I think there should be a law against gun control, it should be illegal. We lost a lot of lives, and we will lose if we didn’t do anything about it. There are a lot of different ways to solve the problems, then why only gun? We don’t need guns. Connecticut school tragedy will never be forgotten, should be a law, and United States needs to get together and take action.
After last month’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, which killed twenty children and six staff members, law makers in the United States need to get together to amend/pass laws to restrict access to guns. I believe now is the time for the congress and President Obama to work together to pass laws so that people mental illnesses do not have access to weapons.
There should be laws in place for background check to make sure individuals purchasing weapons do not have any medical history of mental or any other condition that would be seen as danger for society. Congress also needs to enact laws that would punish gun sellers who knowingly sell weapons to dangerous people without any background checks. There should also be laws to limit or completely ban high capacity weapons that are similar to those used by military because those types are weapons are not needed for sporting of hunting purposes.
We have lost a lot of innocent lives. People are killing each other without any reason. Connecticut school kids got killed, they were so innocent. It was right before Christmas kids were happy, their parents had presents for them. We can solve problems without hurting each other. Glock pistol and Sig Sauer should be banned. These kinds of weapons have been used in other shootings too.
I think there should be some kind of law against gun control. Yeah people needs guns for protection, but there should be a limit for that. Guns are for protection, not for violence. In now days every other person has gun, even some of them carry guns with them. Especially America, I don’t think we need guns, we are protected here. Killing is not solution of problems, even killing makes it worst.