My thoughts on Newton: Another tragedy that will never be forgotten

deezy

December 14, 2012 was a tragedy that will never be forgotten. It was the day that Adam Lanza went into Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 26 people; 6 adults and 20 children. This event quickly hit the media and hurt the hearts of everyone across the country. It was truly an eye opener.
I do no think they should take guns away, but I do think they should be more careful to who they give them to. I would propose to Congress, gun advocacy groups, or the NRA to run background checks on people and give those tests to see if they are mentally stable to have a gun. I would also suggest that they have more highly qualified security guards in public places where mass shootings can occur.
On a more emotional level, I was deeply hurt by this event. I just could not understand what would make someone take the lives of all those innocent people, especially the children. I was also angry at how someone could let him own a gun or have a gun around him when it is obvious that he is not mentally stable. It really makes me think deeper into this story. This event really changed the way I look at people and made me trust people way less.
From here I really do not know where we go. This world is just getting so crazy that there is no where to go. We have to move on from this even, although it will be hard, and just pay more attention to our surroundings. We also need to pray more and get right with God because you really never know when your time is coming.
In closing, the Sandy Hook’s shooting had everyone across the country scared and tuned in on the news. It was such a devastating tragedy and my heart deeply goes out to the families of those that suffered a lost. I can not even begin to imagine how they feel and what they are going through right now. The only thing I know to do is continue to pray them and better times.