My Thoughts On Newtown: We Should Open Our Eyes and Increase Security

deshamae
I turn on the television everyday to watch the news. Not surprisingly, the first thing I see is something about a tragedy happening in the world. Now days it is easier for someone of age and someone under age to get their hands on a weapon.
The Newtown shooting was one of the biggest tragedies ever. After the shooting people quickly started to open their eyes and look at all of the violence that was occurring. They were starting to wonder why violence was taking place more and more. Gun rights should be advocated to people with gun license and also to people who are mentally stable.
The Newtown incident was devastating. It tore many families apart for life. It made me change my prospective on school safety a lot. It made me open my eyes and realize that it could have occurred in my school or any other school in the country.
I say to all of the parents, schools, and violence programs that we can do better. People cannot continue to face all of the wrong doings in the world. We should increase security in the most non-vacant public places. More programs should be created to teach kids and adults about guns and how they can run a life in an instant. On top of just going to jail people should have to face other types of punishment for gun or any other type or violence.
Since the Newtown tragedy I have started to pay more attention to my school security. I do not feel safe at my school at all. We are located on a very busy highway so therefore we have numerous visitors. We do have an officer on campus but he cannot do everything by himself. I suggest that my school make a new protection plan for its students because the world should not have to face another tragedy like the Newtown tragedy.