My thoughts on Newtown: No it is not because of a gun....it is the psychotic person

Shann
On December 12 in 2012, a man named Adam Lanza woke up determined. He walked into an elementary school in Newton, CT and shot fire and killed twenty-six people. Twenty of them were first graders, the six left were adults. Without any warning or any reason, he came and took the lives of many innocent people. Later he killed his self. When parents send their child/children to school they should not have to ever even think the thought of getting a call from the police saying that a loved one has been killed.
The Newtown situation could have been avoided in many ways. One way is if the school had the correct security. With the right security then Lanza could have never walked right in the school and shot everyone. People complain about a place or their loved ones being unsafe, but it is only as unsafe as they make it. Metal detectors were invented for a reason. In my opinion any visitor that wants to step on campus of a public place should have to go through more advanced security. Schools could also block off the school campus to where no one could sneak on campus without going through security. When parents drop their children off at school, it immediately becomes the schools responsibility to make sure every single child is protected.
I have heard and read many different opinions about “are guns the problem” or “are the people” and my personal opinion is that it is the people but also a machine gun should not be able to be bought except for any type of war purpose. People should have to go through a more advanced rest to get guns. If a person has any kind of criminal records, they should be banned. Then people say, “Well what if they have a record but want to be in the army/military”. In my opinion I say oh well because I know of cases where a person with a felony offense on their record cannot move onto certain apartment homes, so why should they be able to buy a gun. If someone is buying a certain gun they should be investigated. For instance if they are buying a deer rifle then they should have to have a hunting license. Also if someone wants to buy one for self-defense then they should still have to pass the test and if they do not there is mace, tasers, and other weapons that will not kill a person.
That upcoming Christmas, twenty parents had to return the gifts they already bought for their kids. Now twenty kids will never have their first boyfriend/girlfriend, first kiss, never get to graduate, or never even get married and have a family. Lanza is just another person who probably would have never passed the test to buy a gun. With the right gun limitation gun control can be controlled and schools can be protected.