STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My thoughts on Newtown: No it is not because of a gun....it is the psychotic person

Shann
On December 12 in 2012, a man named Adam Lanza woke up determined. He walked into an elementary school in Newton, CT and shot fire and killed twenty-six people. Twenty of them were first graders, the six left were adults. Without any warning or any reason, he came and took the lives of many innocent people. Later he killed his self. When parents send their child/children to school they should not have to ever even think the thought of getting a call from the police saying that a loved one has been killed.
The Newtown situation could have been avoided in many ways. One way is if the school had the correct security. With the right security then Lanza could have never walked right in the school and shot everyone. People complain about a place or their loved ones being unsafe, but it is only as unsafe as they make it. Metal detectors were invented for a reason. In my opinion any visitor that wants to step on campus of a public place should have to go through more advanced security. Schools could also block off the school campus to where no one could sneak on campus without going through security. When parents drop their children off at school, it immediately becomes the schools responsibility to make sure every single child is protected.
I have heard and read many different opinions about “are guns the problem” or “are the people” and my personal opinion is that it is the people but also a machine gun should not be able to be bought except for any type of war purpose. People should have to go through a more advanced rest to get guns. If a person has any kind of criminal records, they should be banned. Then people say, “Well what if they have a record but want to be in the army/military”. In my opinion I say oh well because I know of cases where a person with a felony offense on their record cannot move onto certain apartment homes, so why should they be able to buy a gun. If someone is buying a certain gun they should be investigated. For instance if they are buying a deer rifle then they should have to have a hunting license. Also if someone wants to buy one for self-defense then they should still have to pass the test and if they do not there is mace, tasers, and other weapons that will not kill a person.
That upcoming Christmas, twenty parents had to return the gifts they already bought for their kids. Now twenty kids will never have their first boyfriend/girlfriend, first kiss, never get to graduate, or never even get married and have a family. Lanza is just another person who probably would have never passed the test to buy a gun. With the right gun limitation gun control can be controlled and schools can be protected.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy