My Thoughts on Newton: Guns are good. People are crazy.

The Newton shooting was a very tragic thing that happened in the United States. Having guns should be allowed, but not by all people. The prevention of all the school shootings should be taken into hand. I do believe gun control is good. Guns are used for protection.
I think gun control is good, because people use them for protection. Although guns can be dangerous, they can be very useful. By people having guns, there should be limitations. When you have a gun in your possession you should take it seriously. I am for keeping guns open to the public.
The limitations should be considered. When having a gun, people who have a criminal background should not be allowed to have guns. The age limit should remain at twenty-one. Also, if you are a school drop-out then you should not be allowed to purchase a gun. Limitations are a very important aspect of gun control.
Lastly, to prevent more shootings, school securities should be updated. The schools should put metal detectors in the entrances of schools. Also, they should have checks for non-allowed substances or items. Safety is very important. Schools should also practice drills more often.
In conclusion, gun control is needed. If people have criminal background in any way, they should not be allowed to own, buy, or have a gun at anytime in their life. Schools should take in consideration in making their facilities safer, by practicing drills and having searches. Guns are good to have in the world, but not by all the crazy people. The shooting, like in Newton, can be prevented and should be.

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.