My thoughts of Newtown: Safetly Is The Priority

Alma_31
Alma Zamudio
1/17/13
My thoughts on New town:
“Safety Is the Priority”

Education has always been the number one priority for humans. Education is the key that leads people to success. Everyone starts school at a young age and to get through the process of education is a major importance of safety. Safety is the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger or risk. Without good safety there is less education toward our generation. I at first didn’t felt safe in school but through out the year my school’s safety has been increasing.
At first I didn’t feel safe at school for many reasons. There was always a risk and that just didn’t make me feel secure. In my school there was always a lack of observation and communication. The staff would even care of what was going on in the campus. There was more possibility of anything could happen. They wouldn’t check the students nor the people entering our school, and they wouldn’t observe as much the surrounding of the school. In fact a t when my sister was in high school she attended John C. Fremont back then she in 10th grade. At a point during school hours there was a riot developed inside the school campus. Inside students were fighting against each other, because of all the disagreements between each other student even took out hand arm against each other. Which showed that nor the staff or the security of the school were doing their job by letting this dangerous weapons pass inside the school campus without being check.
Now I would say I do feel safe in school and my community. Today the school district is more aware of the possible things that could happen anywhere and at any time. There are more police officers around inside the school officers as well as in the entrance of the school. I also see more police cars on the surrounding of schools making more observations. Now police officers are everywhere than from the pass in streets, schools, malls, theaters, parks, or any places were large amount of people could be in. In order to develop a good safety at school the district should do more random dog sniffs to check for drugs, and more prevention activities more toward gun shooting. Also now everyone is working together to be safe and to eliminate the possibilities of more deaths in our community.
By the tragedy in NEW TOWN of all the children dead made safety the most important topic in all district. Now safety is before education because in order to have plenty of students with a good educated future we should attend a safe place. Were we are no scared of nothing nor taking a risk going to school should be a peaceful place were the last thing that could happen are deaths. We as a community should work together for our priority should always be safety at school.