My Thoughts on Newtown: A Taste of What’s to Come?

Raspberryrae410
I would propose congress do a number of things. I think if congress does not “crack down” on Gun control, this type of situation only gets worse. I would propose the idea of background checks, no automatic weapons, and a waiting period for purchasing.
There was proof that the Newtown assassin was mentally challenged. If the sellers of weapons had background checks, they could determine if they could handle the weapon. This way people who have mental disabilities, depression, or bipolar disorders would not have easy access, if no access.
I believe there is no reason for a common citizen to have an automatic weapon. Having an automatic weapon would mean being able to shoot many people or things at once. Hand guns are perfect for protection, and are not capable of killing many in a matter of seconds.
Gun dealers should restrict the purchases of guns. A man can be angry and desire to kill someone so he goes and buys a gun. If there was a waiting period, it would allow the buyer to cool off and rethink his decision to kill someone.
In conclusion I believe gun control is good but needs to be improved. We need tighter gun restrictions. We need background checks, no automatic weapons and waiting periods. This way, we can prevent what may come.