Gun Control and the Conflicts

jadestovall
The second Amendment states that the people of the United States have the right to bear arms, which means that the citizens of the U.S. have the right to own guns and are able to fire them. In today’s world guns are definitely getting out of hand, so the President of the United States and Congress are trying to take these rights away. Many people are furious about this, and many are for this act. I personally have my own opinion about this. Many people hunt for their food and they are worried about how this may affect their hunting, well that is where the controversy comes in about gun control.
At school, I do feel safe to a certain extent. At my school, we do not have a lot of security, probably because we cannot afford it like many big schools can. In Highland Home, Alabama, we have one of our local cops patrolling the school at all times, but that may not be enough. I see the things on the television, like the Newton school shooting, and I have seen a movie based on a true story where a student came into the school and killed everyone, and I can’t help but worry what if that happens in my school. How do we prevent this? No one is sure of the answer.
To improve our school security, I would make everyone have a student I.D. card and to even walk onto the school campus, they would have to scan the barcode into the scanner. After scanning the barcode, they would have to walk through a metal detector, and maybe even get wanded down after. I would have to have all of the windows be Plexiglas instead of glass, that way no one could bust the windows out. No one would be allowed to enter the school campus during school, unless they are a parent of a student, or family member; they would also need an I.D. card.
I believe gun control is needed, for the simple fact that there are people going around the United States murdering innocent people, for no reason. Anyone that has a criminal history or a background of mental instability should not be allowed to purchase any type of weapon, even a knife. The National Rifle Association (NRA) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the Second Amendment. The NRA is used for firearm safety and training of weapons, and everyone should have to take a learning course with the NRA to be able to use or buy any kind of weapon.
Many people might ask if there is anything we can do, but there is actually. Parents could not let their children play violent video games, because it gives them ideas about killing. Children and adults should also not listen to harmful music, because it could make someone want to use a weapon in a harmful way, even though they are not made for harm, but for self-defense. If singers and video game makers wouldn’t make so much harmful videos or lyrics, some of these tragedies could be resolved. If everyone would work together and the government could get things in order for gun control, we could make the United States a better place.