My Thoughts on Newtown: Limitations of Gun Control

Brianna Hebert
Why is gun control becoming such a huge issue? It’s simple; people are taking advantage of their rights and killing innocent people all over the world for no reason. The second amendment gives individuals the right to possess a firearm and use the arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self defense. People are just ignoring what this means. They are making this world a dangerous place for people of every age. School shootings are beginning to take place more often which makes parents not even want to send their kids to school. The world shouldn’t be in the shape it is because of ignorant people. Gun control needs to have some limitations and I’m sure I won’t be the only to agree.
In my opinion, the mentally ill, ex prisoners, drunks, drug attics, or any person that is known for causing trouble shouldn’t be able to carry a gun at any point for any reason. I say people need to be 21 years of age and have a clean background in order to own a gun or a gun license. Impossible to believe, there are still some sane people in the world today that need guns for self defense. Many murderers and thieves live upon this world which makes it dangerous for people to even step outside. Remember it only takes one mistake with a gun to kill someone.
If a person owns a gun, certain boundaries need to be set starting with schools. School shootings are becoming a huge problem in the recent years. People need to have a certain amount of yards set for them at the school. Many people like to hunt and carry guns in their vehicles which are dangerous and illegal. Most hunters will disagree with the gun limitation, but it will not be directly towards them. The rates of killings are increasing tremendously because a lot of people have guns that have no need for them.
Gun control has continued to be widely debated, however, and has often been opposed, by the National Rifle Association (NRA). The NRA is one of the country's largest certifying bodies for firearm safety training. It sponsors a range of programs designed to encourage the safe use of firearms. Many people are disregarding what the NRA is actually for and taking advantage of it.
Many people are dying today due to ignorant people who do not care about what the real meaning of obtaining a gun is. There have been many robberies and also killings going on, because people do not care what happens to anybody else. The government is working on enforcing a higher law to prevent these tragedies. Stricter limits need to be made to protect America.