STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newtown: Newtown Essay

SEKOO
Diaz Angel
1/31/13
Per.4

My thoughts on Newtown: Desensitization.

I watched my friend kill seven people. He got shot a couple of times but not enough to bring him down. Dodging lots of bullets, the people trying to kill him didn’t know he was only getting smarter about staying alive. A grenade landed about 13 feet from him. He survived but all he heard was a long beep sound. As he began to feel his enemies surrounding him, and death creeping up, he threw two grenades randomly towards his enemies. After he died, he screamed as if the video game he was playing actually was real life. All he needed to do was to press “ x “ on his Xbox 360 controller to spawn again and start another killing streak.

Violent shooting games might be the cause to these massacres. Gamers will soon notice and realize that it isn’t that hard to kill people in the real world. In the game, you actually get rewarded for the amount of kills you get. More kills equals more points and unlocks for your favorite gun like, a silencer, or a grenade launcher you earn to make your gun stronger. The primary guns in this game are assault rifles. There’s no surprise if crazy people who play online shooting games would like to buy one of their own when they have the chance.

The game isn’t only an online player mode. Just like every other shooting game, it has a story to it. And most of the missions you have to complete in order to move on with the story aren’t pretty. In fact, their missions are much like the recent massacres we’ve had. One of the missions you have to complete involves killing innocent people at an airport for no reason. You literally have to kill as many citizens as you can to complete it and move on to the next one. Yes, I know it’s just a video game, but maybe this is where it all began.

I, myself play Call of Duty also. The difference is, every time I die, you wont hear me scream out bad words to the person that kills me. Almost all male teenagers play video games, but some of them take it to the next level. Most of the time I play online, I can easily notice which gamer isn’t all there in the head just by hearing the tone of their voice. Also, what really scares me is when you listen to them talk to their family the same way he talks to the people online. In my opinion, if we really want to prevent these insane massacres from happening again, we should really focus on the people who always play video games, and have any sort of anger management problem.

Maybe it is these violent crazy video games. Where else would you get rewarded for killing people? Well, the army but, that’s a whole different story. Killing innocent people is one of the saddest things someone can do. Tragedies like the Aurora movie theater shooting, and the Connecticut elementary school shooting, leave families depressed for the rest of their lives. No one can predict the future, but then again, I don’t think these insane shootings will ever end. The only really thing we can do, is to pray to god these massacres don’t happen again.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy