My Thoughts on Newtown: The Social Impact of Gun Privileges

AlexisTaylor
This tragedy reminded us that something is wrong and it needs to be identified and fixed immediately. People wonder what the government is attempting to stop all the violence in our nation. Not only did it mess up privileges, but it also is affecting the families around the U.S.

Many people are still emotionally damaged from the most recent act of violence. Society is concerned about their safety of themselves and their family. Many parents are worried about sending their children to school, because of the unprotected safety of the schools. However, school districts should be cracking down on security around the campuses so the children should feel safe and become educated. Honestly though, if the school shootings had never happened, we would not have a tighter security. Life is not promised, one never knows when it’s their time to go.

Some of these gunmen have mental illnesses that trigger them to go on killing sprees. The triggers have been happening a lot lately, so we need to help those people that have illnesses to make sure they know they can be helped. The mental illnesses the people have need to be taken serious and recognized so we can prevent this from happening. We need to step in and help those in need so they will feel protected and feel like someone is here for them when they need to talk.

This whole situation has impacted us tremendously, not only are these perpetuators abusing gun privileges but they are taking the lives of innocent people. People should be able to have guns but they need to learn how to take cautions of the privileges. When taking a responsibility of a gun, you should take it serious, but people lately and in the past years have been making it considered as a joke.

My mind still is that gun privileges should be limited and some people shouldn’t be allowed to have them. Many people take advantage of them and use them in the wrong way every single day. This whole gun situation needs to be taken a lot more seriously then what it has been taken as. You always have to remember that life is not guaranteed.