STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newtown: Where Do We Go After Newtown?

terrenlesher
The Freckles of an Angel
I remember the day she was born just like it was yesterday. I had just turned five when one night I put my tiny, scratched up hands around my moms big belly and whispered “you come out now!” No joke, that night my mom went into labor! There I was at the Fairfields State Hospital, in my cheetah print pajamas waiting to catch a peek of my new baby sis. I remember walking back the tiled hall to see her. She was a beautiful little baby with bright red hair, her name was Charlotte Helen and she was all mine.
The next few years at home she was my own real-life babydoll. From bathtime to storytime I carried her around. I fed her at the first sign of hunger where afterwards I’d burp her. As she started growing up her hair naturally formed big beautiful curls that leapt through the air, the color of electrifying crimson. When I started fifth grade she started kindergarten and we loved to ride the bus together, laughing and whispering behind the big brown seats. We would both wake up at the same time, pour each other a bowl of lucky charms and pick the perfect outfits out together.
We both really enjoyed school, Charlotte especially did and wore a dress to school every single day. Her favorite one in particular was pink with white horizontal stripes and she wore it so much it started to fade. Don’t let her obsession for pink trick you though, she knew some Tae Kwon Do which she used to kick my butt the times she’d a throw temper tantrum. She had a soft side too and wanted to be a veterinarian, always stealing my guinea pig to make sure his heart was still beating.
Just as clearly as I remember the day she was born, I remember the day I received the news my little sister Charlotte died. It was like someone broke my grasp and stole my baby doll right out of my arms. Except if someone would have tried that I would’ve fought for her and never let her go...but I wasn’t able to stand up for her. As a matter of fact, she didn’t have the chance to stand up for herself either. Friday, December 14th heaven gained my angel. I know she makes a beautiful one with crystal blue eyes and a porcelain face speckled with freckles.
I remember walking back the tiled hall to see my baby sister, she was still a beautiful little baby with bright red hair, her name was Charlotte Helen but she wasn’t mine anymore, she was dead. Someone stole her life, and my heart went along with it.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy