My Thoughts on Newtown: Being aware of little details might make the difference

aymarc12
Among recent years, there has been an increase in school shootings across the United States, and with the devastating occurrence in Newtown, gun rights and restrictions are becoming an important and controversial issue. Even though gun rights have been a discussion point for over twenty years, the current situation makes it more controversial, especially with mental illness standing alongside gun violence and school security.
It is hard to believe you can attribute fault to someone when every citizen around the country feels strongly about the issue no matter what side they take. Be it Congress, school districts, gun advocacy groups, or the National Rifle Association, there is not much they can do when the problems are not stemming from the laws, but instead from individuals who have mental illnesses. According to Wikipedia, a mental disorder “is a psychological pattern or anomaly, potentially reflected in behavior, that is generally associated with distress or disability, and which is not considered part of normal development of a person's culture.” Different investigations have said many of these conditions are caused by a combination of biological factors such as genetics, infections, or brain damage; psychological factors such as severe trauma suffered as a child, emotional, physical or sexual abuse, an important early loss of parent, negligence or poor ability to relate to others; and finally environmental factors such as feelings of inadequacy, low self-esteem, anxiety, anger, or loneliness. Aware of this, it is easier to recognize mental illness and prevent the consequences of a neglected patient. Parents should pay special attention to their children’s behavior, especially those who demonstrate actions such as not knowing appropriate behavior and adopting the behavior they see around them.
Structured organizations, however, can help prevent those kinds of events with fair legislation that benefits gun customers and citizens in general. In my opinion, regular people should not have permission to carry guns unless is a regimental work requirement or they are a licensed hunter.
Is stunning how poor security is, especially in public schools where thousands of students have no more than an ID card as certification of membership to the institution, that many which never use or carry. This means that the faculty most likely does not place enough importance in security as no one ever asks to enter the building, and the doors are open at all hours during the school day. It is possible the most prominent reason for shootings to occur at schools is the easy accessibility, as seen from the numerous cases of shootings all being executed in this manner.
We are trying to find a solution to this polemical problem and with one of the suggested ideas calling for teachers to carry concealed weapons, an aggressive environment is forming Stricter security in schools would be helpful. Restrictions on who can legally own guns would also make a difference and decrease the amount of gun violence currently seen across the country.