My Thoughts On Newtown: You honestly think criminals will obey gun control laws...

mynameislynn
When I first heard about the shooting at Newtown, my heart didn't just sink, it fell straight to the ground. I was watching the news anchors discuss it time and time again, and all I could think was, didn't any of those teachers have guns? I read about the teacher who died to save her whole class, but if she also had a gun wouldn't a lot more people be alive right now?
The fact is that we don't want to think about a right course of action. We are too shocked and upset that someone could be so monstrous. But we must step up and take charge. If we don't, things will only get worse.
All it would have taken for toss lives to be saved is for someone to have had a gun on them! The best course of action then is to protect our 2nd amendment rights. We will be left without defense otherwise. Please consider not the present, but the future of our country! We are the people, we make our nation what it is- and no one can take those rights from us.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura