My thoughts on Newtown: Change the society

joanne321
I'm going to be blunt about this, society is messed up. Right now, I'm a junior high student and I know about so many things from school. Kids at school start doing some inappropriate things too. So it's not very surprising that the 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot 26 people. Our society is so obsessed with being "cool" and trendy but often, society does not recognize the people out there that aren't so comfortable with people and socializing. Adam Lanza had a different world and identity in his online, internet world. Nobody really knew him and not many people tried to know him. I think that the first step parents can take is to educate your kids. Educate your kids about the world and the realities of the world we live in. Don't sugar coat it. Tell them everything because I think that we, as the kids of the next generation deserve to know about the world.
As young adults and youths, we can try to get to know the people around us, and try to make an effort to know someone. At one point of Adam's life, I'm sure that he wanted to have a real friend to talk to and spend time with instead of the internet community he went on so frequently. Lets try to be more open minded and try to know that kid who no one talks to or that loner who doesn't have any friends, or maybe even that one nerd thats not cool.
We should have stricter gun laws but don't ban all guns. Banning guns will not decrease the amount of
I think that banning guns entirely is not the answer either. When you ban controversial things such as guns, its bound to be brought in and sold illegally. Lets change the society, change our own mindset, and slowly, prevent or decrease the violence in the world.