My thoughts on Newtown: Never forgetting lecture for entire human race

milana
Have you ever wished to run far away from this terrific reality, move to some other world and live the life you dreamed of as child?
Tragedies happen everyday everywhere, as time goes by we are faced with more and more weeping of desperate mothers, whimper of hungry children, blank and dissapointed gazes from the poor and lonesome people. What kind of creatures have we became when those things don’t affect us? How can we have peaceful sleep without a shred of empathy with the rest of mankind?

Terrific event in Newtown is just one of many that take place everyday even though we don’t even hear of them. I feel devastated about children whose lives are over before they even started.
Is there any policy that can bring them back? Of course there’s not, only huge empty space in hearts of good people is left for remembrance.
However, we all should learn a big life lecture from this tragedy. This has not happended to make us passively sit in depression, this should be comprehended as wake-up call for the whole human race. Death is haunting for every single particle on this unjust world, but as long as we all live we have a chance to improve, to repent.

Laws are always there to punish, but the more they are strict the more crime break out. Weapons are made to kill and even if we could completely eradicate them, that’s not what is needed. We have to change our minds, we need to open them toward tolerance and peace. There is a dire need to feed our starving souls with love, reverance and humanity. Even a small change in personal attitudes and devotion to children’s upbringing can make change. Those little humans have more wisdom than we have ever imagined. They are born inoccent with opportunities to achieve goals, break records, move existing limits and they dont’t deserve to be deprived of it.

There is an experienced wise man in each baby we see crawling, toddler playing in the park or pupil obediently striding toward school and that is why we need to respect and learn from them because one day, they will be rulers, teachers, ancestors of present days and creators of better futrure and destinies. Only by changing ourselves we can make the whole world look better, in our eyes at least.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura