My Thoughts On Newtown: Nothing is Ever Going to Change.

Aforgottenmemory
In my not so humble opinion, I think that, nothing is going to really change with gun control laws. There have been shootings before (i.e. Virginia Tech in 2007, The Colorado Batman shooting, and many other shootings at schools) The fact remains that, since this did happen to a group of children no younger than five, that could be the only reason they even thought about changing something in the gun laws. No one ever thought that anything like that would happen in an elementary school because those are small, extremely dependent, minors. Honestly, if they really wanted to change the gun control laws they would've done it by now. But, no because people can argue that it violates the 2nd Amendment right to own a gun. That's a load of crap! Little kids and many other people have died in like- mannered shootings because people don't know how to either keep their guns away from their kids, or they don't know how to keep their guns away from crazy people. Either way society isn't going to change anything serious about the current problem we have because they don't want to/can't violate a Constitutional Amendment. Maybe that's also why our economy is suffering so badly, because our government that claims to care for America as a whole isn't willing to do what it takes to make us, as a whole, safe.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted StageofLife.com looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at news@stageoflife.com.

Thanks!

Laura