My Thoughts On Newtown: Nothing is Ever Going to Change.

In my not so humble opinion, I think that, nothing is going to really change with gun control laws. There have been shootings before (i.e. Virginia Tech in 2007, The Colorado Batman shooting, and many other shootings at schools) The fact remains that, since this did happen to a group of children no younger than five, that could be the only reason they even thought about changing something in the gun laws. No one ever thought that anything like that would happen in an elementary school because those are small, extremely dependent, minors. Honestly, if they really wanted to change the gun control laws they would've done it by now. But, no because people can argue that it violates the 2nd Amendment right to own a gun. That's a load of crap! Little kids and many other people have died in like- mannered shootings because people don't know how to either keep their guns away from their kids, or they don't know how to keep their guns away from crazy people. Either way society isn't going to change anything serious about the current problem we have because they don't want to/can't violate a Constitutional Amendment. Maybe that's also why our economy is suffering so badly, because our government that claims to care for America as a whole isn't willing to do what it takes to make us, as a whole, safe.
Comment by seamstressofwords

Hey! I'm a college intern here at Stage of Life, and I have some pretty exciting news. Channel One News, an educational program in partnership with CBS News that reaches nearly six million students in 7,000 high schools across the US, is pulling a news story together on the gun debate.

They contacted looking for teens who are pro-gun rights and live in or near New York, preferably close to New York City, to be interviewed.

They saw your essay on gun rights. If you live in New York and would be interested in being interviewed for this national news story - let us know and we'll put you in touch with the reporter. If you're interested, please reach out to us at

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.