My thoughts on Newtown

India Fowler
“My thoughts on Newtown:"

My thoughts on the Newtown Shooting is that there should be less freedom for guns, more police officers in areas around school, and schools should have more security machines.
Innocent Kids were killed for no reason at all. Innocent teachers were killed as well. This brings me to my idea to make things better for schools which includes changing the laws for guns. I want to change the law for guns because I feel that the law is too lenient. Most of the crime in the country has guns involved. Therefore places who sell guns should be more thorough. I also think the people who are buying the weapons should have something stating why they need the weapon.
Another idea of mine is putting more police officers around the schools. My theory is if something doesn’t look right ask that person what’s their business around the school. Police officers can protect the schools more than the security in my opinion. However security guards should have more than just handcuffs. Just in case a parent or someone tries to attack them or the children in the school. If there was more police around the area they wouldn’t have to worry about the crazy people getting to the school.
My third and final thought is schools should have more security machines, x-rays, and search wands. If something goes wrong with the person who goes through the metal detector that means security should’ve did a more thorough check. If they do have any illegal and/or weapons that they should be escorted out the school and off the premises and released to the police.
Therefore, I think putting more police around the areas of school, more security machines, and less freedom for the gun laws the school would feel safer. I would encourage you to contact the administration of your school districts and the local police departments to make this a reality.