My thoughts on Newtown: Weapons are not the source of killings, people are.

x.kern@yahoo.com
Do you think weapons are the source of killings or are the people are the source. I think that the people are to blame. Don’t blame the murders on a mental disorder/problem. Keep weapons in a safe or a locked place where no one will find it.
First, I think that the people are to blame not the weapons. Weapons are just a tool to use. If a person wanted to they could kill someone with their bare hands. People will find any way to kill someone but a gun is one of the easiest way to do it. . A lot of the murderers say that they have a mental problem. They should test every murderer to see if they have mental illnesses People should not be able to own a gun if they have any type of mental problem in the first place and they should have monthly background checks. Also in order to buy a weapon/gun you should have a license.
Second, we should not always blame the murders on mental disorders/problems. Only about half of them are mentally ill. The other half is triggered by anger or depression. . And today people are getting madder at one person and taking their anger off on multiple people; which is known as a mass murder. There are many signs of a killer. Most of them are males. Between the ages of 20 to 29. Most of they have a relationship with the victim of some kind. Most of the killings occur after being bullied or a fight. Even if it was a mental illness they should still be punished the same.
If you own a gun/weapon it should always be put up somewhere safe. Even if it is somewhere that you just know someone will always find it sooner or later. It would be very bad if a kid, depressed, or mentally ill person got their hands on it. When someone buys a weapon they should have to provide proof that they have a safe at the place their going to have it at.
In conclusion, weapons are not the problem people are the source and they should do monthly background checks , and make people have licenses to own a gun. This is how I feel