My Thoughts on Newtown: Controlling Your Anger

nisha

What a TRADEGY! Killing people is a sin. One of the most important places to feel comfortable is school and for that to be a place of violence is unacceptable. The only reason I could think of someone killing little kids is if they had a serious mental issue. School safety is an important step to running a school. The children are the schools main priority and focus when in a school environment. No one should have to come to school and not feel safe.

Unfortunately, The Newtown School shooting took a huge turn after hearing about a 20 year old man going into an elementary school and shooting at innocent people. He was having problems at home and took it out on other people he never even associated with. Feeling neglected and alone can really drive someone crazy. Eventually they’ll get tired of the miserable life and spaz out. That’s why it’s important to get help beforehand. The mother in this situation should have done more than take time off of work. By the time he attacked the school, it was a crime to be investigated on why he would do such a horrible thing. Possibly this could have all been avoided and 100% preventable.

School Safety should be a number one priority. There was no school security. Anyone could just walk right into the elementary school and commit a crime. ALL schools should have a form of security and enforce a stronger school safety policy. That way in case of a major emergency like this one, everyone and everything is prepared. In addition to having security guards, they should also be able to carry concealed weapons. Anyone could enter the school and go on a rampage, with the security guards having protection it could prevent the rest of the school from a crime scene. The government should make it where all schools security carries weapons. To insure they have a way to protect themselves and the community.

In Conclusion, the situation was very bad. No one wants to have to feel unsafe inside or outside the home. If you or someone you know has a serious issue, it’s ok to ask for help. Encourage your peers to do better. The killing of those 26 people should have opened your eyes for a better school and outside school environment. Protect yourselves and loved ones. If a situation can be prevented then make it possible. Think outside the box. This could be a result as to why someone could drop out of school or not want to attend a school because of safety hazards. In order to keep that out of the picture is important to make it a welcomed and well managed environment. Watch your surroundings at all times and move over be sure to always hug and show how much you care for your loved ones. You never know when a crazy situation such as the Newtown shooting could happen.

Tenisha Conner