My thoughts on Newtown: by Jake Chambers

chambersjake
My thoughts on Newtown:

Is there a solution to controlling guns and the people buying the guns? In my opinion, there is always going to be that person out there that is going to find his or her way to get a gun if they really want to go shoot up a school or what ever target he or she has planned. I am not a gun user or pro guns or against guns, I am just in the middle of things. It is the American peoples right to own bear arms and I do not want to take that away from a person. People want to have the safety of knowing that they have a gun to protect them selves even though most people really do not need that. People are big into hunting, target shooting, going to the range, competitions, leagues and any other activities that are involved with guns. It would not be fair to take all of that away because America wants to be precautionary because shootings. Shootings will happen regardless with more gun control or less gun control. A person with the intent and motivation will find his or her way to find a gun legally or illegally and do what they want to do.
What can we do to prevent shootings? Well we do not want to take the right away from an American individual but we can make the process a little lengthier with more precautions of getting a license to own a gun. Maybe if the process is more extensive with background checks to make sure that the person is physically and mentally able to own and handle a gun in their home and in society. I do not know that much about owning a gun and getting certified, but everyone should have to take a class to get certified to own the gun and shoot the gun and the instructor must evaluate each person to see if they're able to own a gun and they do not have a secret motive for owning the gun. If they show certain signs of physiological problems or anger, maybe that should be looked into more. Yes maybe the process will be harder to own a gun and be able to shoot it but it will be completely worth it so we can prevent school shootings like this devastating one. Also people should have to be up to date on their certifications and have to get everything renewed every year. This all will at least make getting and owning a gun much harder, but it will weed out the others that truly are not able to own a gun and have physiological problems or other motives. Even though these people that want to commit something serious, they will find their way to get a gun and commit the action!