Remember that time in high school...

seamstressofwords
High school was a bit of a difficult time for me. Classes were weird, I was weird, everyone around me was weird (in different levels of weirdness) because we were all going through this awful thing called puberty. But there is one thing that every kid could agree on, lunch was amazing.

At lunch you got to sit with friends and have fun and forget the weirdness you were trapped in. The school food wasn't always the best (my school made an awesome chicken ranch wrap)but you survived. And if you were anything like me, you loved the snacks you could get at lunch, mainly, Cosmic Brownies and cookies.

Cosmic Brownies is divine on a plate; a chocolaty fudge explosion in your mouth that was made all the more delightful by tiny little colorful chocolate chips in the icing. Now, I'm a recipe gawker; I love finding different and new recipes even if I don't use them, and lately I've noticed a trend of making from scratch snacks and desserts that are already produced and made popular by different snack food companies. I like this twist on baking and cooking, and I'm always up for baking-even if I can buy it in the store. So, if you're like me and want to try baking delicious Cosmic Brownies at home, here's a recipe http://fakeginger.com/2011/05/25/cosmic-brownies/. Enjoy!

Cookies were like gold in my school, everyone wanted one or three. In fact, one lunch period a group of seniors had pooled all their money together and ordered 100 cookies. Cookies are an essential part of any high schooler's diet. To get your fix, try this delicious cookie recipe that is guaranteed to be a hit http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1CQ7uY/www.marthastewart.com/313548/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookies?center=0&gallery=280390&slide=281814/.

Yeah, you could go out to the store and buy cookies and Cosmic Brownies, but there is just some level of satisfaction that you feel from baking them yourself. So try it!