STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Remember that time in high school...

seamstressofwords
High school was a bit of a difficult time for me. Classes were weird, I was weird, everyone around me was weird (in different levels of weirdness) because we were all going through this awful thing called puberty. But there is one thing that every kid could agree on, lunch was amazing.

At lunch you got to sit with friends and have fun and forget the weirdness you were trapped in. The school food wasn't always the best (my school made an awesome chicken ranch wrap)but you survived. And if you were anything like me, you loved the snacks you could get at lunch, mainly, Cosmic Brownies and cookies.

Cosmic Brownies is divine on a plate; a chocolaty fudge explosion in your mouth that was made all the more delightful by tiny little colorful chocolate chips in the icing. Now, I'm a recipe gawker; I love finding different and new recipes even if I don't use them, and lately I've noticed a trend of making from scratch snacks and desserts that are already produced and made popular by different snack food companies. I like this twist on baking and cooking, and I'm always up for baking-even if I can buy it in the store. So, if you're like me and want to try baking delicious Cosmic Brownies at home, here's a recipe http://fakeginger.com/2011/05/25/cosmic-brownies/. Enjoy!

Cookies were like gold in my school, everyone wanted one or three. In fact, one lunch period a group of seniors had pooled all their money together and ordered 100 cookies. Cookies are an essential part of any high schooler's diet. To get your fix, try this delicious cookie recipe that is guaranteed to be a hit http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1CQ7uY/www.marthastewart.com/313548/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookies?center=0&gallery=280390&slide=281814/.

Yeah, you could go out to the store and buy cookies and Cosmic Brownies, but there is just some level of satisfaction that you feel from baking them yourself. So try it!
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy