My Thoughts on Newton: What Happens Now?

Ceh1215
How much violence have you seen today? Odds are, not much. But turn on your TV to a news station. Wait for it… there! Did you see it? That news story that just aired, what did it contain? The odds are that the news report included some form of violence, more than likely involving guns and innocent lives. My question is this: What do we do about it?
The slaughter of so many innocents at Sandy Hook only proves that we, the American People, need gun control. How many lives could be spared if the government exercised a little but more gun control? As it stands, the Second Amendment reads thus: “A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” But what does that mean? In my opinion, it means that for the safety of the nation, all will be allowed to have and use guns as needed.
But what is an appropriate situation where guns can be used? During a break-in? When someone threatens the life of you or your family? How about when plan to shoot innocents for no apparent reason? I feel that gun realtors should inspect their buyers, running a full background check to see if their potential customer is a felon, or has certain health issues, such as PTSD, instead of handing an assault rifle to anyone with a credit card,
If certain precautions are taken, who knows how many lives will be spared? Maybe millions. We must learn from the events at what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary; to understand the lesson that Adam Lanza taught us: guns are weapons, not toys, and that in the wrong hands, spell disaster.