My Thoughts on Newtown: Newtown Tragedy

sophiaml12
The Newton tragedy struck the country as a horror film come to life. When I heard the news coming home from school, I wasn't sure what type of reaction to have. I was scared and heartbroken. At that moment, I was scared of going to school, I never thought anything dangerous could happen at school, I always saw it as a safe haven. We had a moment of silence a few days after the shooting. I feel like shootings have always happend but now more than ever people have begun to make more per-cautions because innocent children no older than six, were killed, not saying that any other person's life was less valuable, but it was time that the use of guns and gun control was handled. My personal belief, is that assalt weapons should only be used in war and on the battle field. One of our countries longest traditions is having guns in the home, and casually using guns for ones pleasure. Guns have easily been able to get into the wrong hands, which is not okay. If one wanted to purchase a gun, there should be a huge screening process to get the gun looking for any signs of mental health problems, age and uses for the gun. The Newton tragedy was a warning sign for what is worse to come if the people in Washington do not tighten the laws for gun control.