My thoughts on Newtown

swagnelli123
The Newtown shooting disaster in Connecticut has crippled our eastern side of the country. One man, who was capable of killing 26 children and teachers, had a mental illness and a licensed, high ammunition- capacity rifle. After this tragedy, our country has started to initiate stronger background checks and stricter laws on the ammunition-capacity on guns. Many anti-gun officials are running for a ban on the use of large weapon magazines due to the deadliness of a high-ammo count rifle in the wrong hands, such as in the Newtown shooting. Officials are also pushing for stricter background checks before the purchase of a firearm. The past criminal record of the man or women that is purchasing the weapon is then sent to the computer in the store, and if they have any criminal record, they are then, by law, not allowed to purchase said firearm.This will limit the amount of shootings by decreasing the amount of dangerous personnel that have access to firearms and other deadly weapons. overall, the way we are heading after the Newtown shooting, we will eliminate most high-body count, mass shootings, between the ban on high-capacity magazines, and the stricter background check on persons that may wish to buy a firearm in a gun dealer's store. These laws might make it tougher on law-abiding citizens who wish to purchase a firearm for practical use, but in the end, these strict laws will be saving many people by protecting our country from mass shootings and limiting the amount of dangerous men and women with rifles or pistols.The high-ammunition magazine is practical, since it is not very practical to have a military-style assault weapon with a magazine capacity of 30, 40, or even 100 bullets, since even for hunting, it would only require 5 in a clip at the maximum. Our country is going to be much safer after these laws are passed, and the risk of another Newtown or Colorado mass shooting will be put to an end.
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

I hope that you are aware that the shooter did not use a high capacity rifle or a larger mag. He used 2 handguns and he left the bushmaster in the car. contrary to what most of the stories say he never brought the bushmaster inside. he used a handgun that could be easily obtained concealed and reloaded. he had to reload several times inside of the building. There was nothing special about the guns. The media is playing it up like the shooter used huge cannons and the who world is going to end because of it. We don’t need gun regulations or bans. in Brittan since guns were banned gun violence has doubled. On top of that he didnt buy the guns himself he stole them from his mother who was a law abiding citizen and obtained them all legaly.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:02:10 PM