STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newtown: Where do we go after Newton?

Katiewolfey1212
I think after the Newton School shooting, we just need to come as one. We all are there for each other when we have a shooting in any area. Instead of arguing about whether we need a banned on guns or not is just silly. We were all there to support the kids, and I know that they were little kids, but we are taking things out of proportion. Parents need to have a heart to heart conversation about what happened at the school with their child. Talking about this may give them assurance of what people do. If they are still at a young age to where they will be frightened or really scared to go to school don’t tell them and keep them away from the topic. I believe that teachers should have some kind of weapon, but to only use in these cases. A teacher wants to protect the children that they are teaching so it is important they are actually able to protect the children if they are in harms way. We do need better gun control. Gun smith’s or gun salesmen should do a background check before they even consider giving a person a gun. For example if they have been seeing a therapist for mental reasons, then they should not be aloud to obtain a gun. I know that we all have a right, but we need to take other’s lives in consideration before we think of our own. Giving a gun to a person who is mentally unstable is like letting a drunken person drive a car. They are affecting another person’s life. Not only the person in harms way, but also the families. There were families that had to go home without their little child, wife, or father. Not just in the school shooting. We need to all come as one and decide if it is right to ban guns or just secure a better system for people to obtain a weapon. I watched the news about people buying more ammunition and guns, and I was appalled by the fact they were buying more weapons. When there was just a tragedy that occurred. I know that there are many people that have to hunt for food, and to feed their families, but they could have waited till we figured things out. We just need to give it some time so families can mend, and we are able to figure out what should occur with gun safety.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy