My Thoughts on Newtown: Where do we go after Newton?

Katiewolfey1212
I think after the Newton School shooting, we just need to come as one. We all are there for each other when we have a shooting in any area. Instead of arguing about whether we need a banned on guns or not is just silly. We were all there to support the kids, and I know that they were little kids, but we are taking things out of proportion. Parents need to have a heart to heart conversation about what happened at the school with their child. Talking about this may give them assurance of what people do. If they are still at a young age to where they will be frightened or really scared to go to school don’t tell them and keep them away from the topic. I believe that teachers should have some kind of weapon, but to only use in these cases. A teacher wants to protect the children that they are teaching so it is important they are actually able to protect the children if they are in harms way. We do need better gun control. Gun smith’s or gun salesmen should do a background check before they even consider giving a person a gun. For example if they have been seeing a therapist for mental reasons, then they should not be aloud to obtain a gun. I know that we all have a right, but we need to take other’s lives in consideration before we think of our own. Giving a gun to a person who is mentally unstable is like letting a drunken person drive a car. They are affecting another person’s life. Not only the person in harms way, but also the families. There were families that had to go home without their little child, wife, or father. Not just in the school shooting. We need to all come as one and decide if it is right to ban guns or just secure a better system for people to obtain a weapon. I watched the news about people buying more ammunition and guns, and I was appalled by the fact they were buying more weapons. When there was just a tragedy that occurred. I know that there are many people that have to hunt for food, and to feed their families, but they could have waited till we figured things out. We just need to give it some time so families can mend, and we are able to figure out what should occur with gun safety.