My Thoughts on Newton: Going forward With Reliability

WcHersh
The constant mass shootings in America provoke a sense of urgency that gun laws, must and will be changed. I myself go to high school and am currently in the process of junior year. The Newton massacre has awoken a sense of urgency in the nation of reform, in the wake of the murdering of 20 kids. The United States government must take action. The government is in existence because it is supposed to provide laws that better its citizens and prevent chaos with the laws. A man in which is not governed by laws is a dangerous man, what is to stop a man without law, therefore law is necessary. But if current law can not prevent the chaos, it was enacted to stop, then that law is obsolete. This would render the current status quo of government laws on guns to be obsolete, therefore change is deemed necessary. The citizen’s lives in this country are at constant odds because of the mass killings. The government must change the gun laws in the interest of the well being of its citizens. The needs of the citizens of the U.S have changed since the constitution was enacted. If the government can not provide the needs of its citizens, then what good is that government? The government must go forward with the gun legislation because the government carries the reliability of creating laws which fit the needs of the people in which it governs. The travesty of Newton can not be ignored. These truths are self evident that on Earth, not just America, we all breathe the same air, and we all care about our children’s future. No matter what creed, what race, what family you are from, it does not change. With Newton, 20 kids will not have a future, and if the government sits back and lets another child’s future be taken away because of tradition law, then that government does not fit the need of the people of which it governs. That government is of no use to the citizens, if the citizens are not safe under the current law. Gun control laws must be enacted in order for a return to normalcy. Normalcy would be described as laws that solve the problem, so the public can return to their normal lives, and not have any unplanned situations of death or harm caused by guns. However what the NRA proposed must not be followed through with or considered because having armed guards would just add to the problem of guns. The NRA proposal would not be a return to normalcy but a continuation of chaos. As a junior if I walked into my school and saw armed guarded I would feel more scared and out of place, or in other words not normal. The government after Newton should go forward with gun legislation and not backwards by not reacting. The government is reliable for this legislation.