My Thoughts on Newtown: Where Do We Go After The Newtown School Shooting?

isabellaruiz
Wanting for change has been revolving around the nation ever since the incident in Newtown, Connecticut. It caught many people’s attention and it even led to the concern of President Obama. As a father of two and basically representing the parents of the children who passed away, is concerned for the well being of the children today. It made the parents want to hold the their children even closer and tighter. After this event occurred, it became a wake up call for the nation to do something about the violence and gun control. When the news brought up the incident, the only thoughts that kept repeating were that the gun rights should be taken away permanently because some people are not able to abide with the privileges given. Being able to own a weapon is a privilege given by the state that allows it and just by breaking it will take the rights of those who do not wish to follow. Being able to own a gun is similar to having a license and again it is also a privilege to be able to drive. If the driver is attaining numerous violations and tickets the state has the right to suspend the person’s rights to drive. Gun rights should be handled the same way and it is fair way for the person who did rebelled against the rules to reflect on what they have done. Without guns people would make use of their social skills instead of using violence. Congress should be able to put themselves in the shoes of many people who want to get rid of the right to bear arms. Owning one can just lead to another upcoming incident similar to the elementary school shooting where innocent lives were taken away. People who oppose to this should have been more careful with the circumstances because this one person ruined it for all. In order for the lesson to be learned, it has to be taken away from them for good.