STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Netown: Not Everyone Should Have the Right to Own a Gun

ataa
My thought on Newtown: Not Everyone Should Have the Right to Own a Gun
There have been many gun shootings nowadays that are taking away people’s lives. On December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza deadly shot twenty children and six adults. The loose law on gun control caused such a fatal incident. We need to end these mass shooting that have been going on because it is putting our lives in danger of becoming a victim of a mass shooting. The congress should look at what happened in Newton and the other shooting in the other states and bring up gun control laws to prevent these deadly killing. Gun control will play an important role in preventing shooting because it will tighten the gun rules. Firearm control law should be stricter so that it will prevent people lives being in danger. I was angry and sad for those who witnessed the shooting. The children who were shot might have become the face of the country, who would have led the country in the future. They didn’t get a chance to see their family and celebrate Christmas which was near when the children and adults were killed. The shootings make me think that I need to be careful and watchful at wherever I go because someone can fire a gun anytime and it doesn’t make me feel safe anymore when I am out of the house.
From all the shooting and murdering, there should be laws on guns. Gun should be protective to avoid people from using it carelessly. Besides, gun control law should be really strict. Those who own guns should be check if they have guns or not and should be restricted on how far they can go if they have the gun without harming anyone. If plausible, people should be ban from using guns excerpt for police, soldiers and other work force that requires a gun. The U.S. should look at how Australia has tightened their gun laws since the shooting that happened in the country in 1996. US should learn from what they did to prevent more mass murdering and do the same thing for everyone to feel secure in America.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy