My Thoughts on Newtown: Why mental institutions are needed.

jaisjoy22
As time moves towards its infinite destination, so does humanity. For since the birth of humans, people have neglected the unparalleled freedoms of their imagination. The Newtown incident is no different than any other saddening part of our history. Lets be honest, planes don’t kill people, terrorists kill people; that is the same as, guns don't kill people, people kill people. The problem with the United States is not the gun control issue, it is the issue that people are not diagnosed to a mental institution before they cause a catastrophic event to occur. If the people believe that gun-control is the issue that is causing these shootings, then it has obviously not occurred to them that all these shooters had some sort of mental disorder. Also if firearms are to be banned, then what is the worth of our Amendments? No matter how the people interpret the amendments, all these were made by men at some point in time; not by aliens or supernatural entities.
Mental institutions have been on a decline in the United States and prisons have been increasing drastically. Then people wonder where did they go wrong? Some criminals, even beforehand need to be quickly assessed and put in a mental institution because then this will prevent much further complications in the future. The bans on the guns will slow down the crime rates, but not completely; because guns will forever circulate in black markets and criminals can acquire them without a problem. If we look towards solving this problem just by banning guns, then we will only create more questions than answers to the problem we are trying to solve. Guns are objects used by humans to either protect one’s liberty, or to take another’s life. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. So, the proposed solution here is to establish as many mental institutes as possible and diagnose possible targets before any incidents occur.The Newton shooting is just one of the many cases of the future which will not be prevented by the prohibition of guns, but rather treating civilians with mental issues.