STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Thoughts on Newtown: Does everyone deserve to own a gun?

DomilyAlmonte
Honestly, at first I was on twitter tweeting and all of a sudden everyone tweets, "R.I.P for everyone is Newtown." I was confused at first because I don't watch the news, but then after everyone tweeting that I went online and found out. It was depressing hearing that this man went to this school and shot a whole bunch of kids, teachers and his parents. Their was so many different stories from people, heroes that died protecting their students, and parents crying for their loss. After reading from everyone's perspective I was angry at this pathetic sick man. Who goes to a school and shot everyone because he was mad at his parents? They have no right to do that, it's immature and crazy! Sometimes I wonder, why do people even have the right to own a gun after all of these shootings and murders? I mean, you can own a gun because you have rights, but their should also be laws where, how, and why you'll use a gun. Furthermore, people should be checked if they have guns or any weapons as if we're in the airport. If we become protective of guns and start becoming cautious of our surroundings, their would be most likely less violate in the world.
Another point we should be more careful about are video games. Kids love to play it 24/7 because they get to kill people, learn how to survive and think it has great violence! Many of my friends tell me those exact reason for playing video games. I once saw my cousin stay up for 2 days playing that game. He didn't shower, only ate junk food and stayed in the dark until he finished. He told me, "If I stop now, I'll die. I'm almost done though, I have to kill at least 50 more people and I'm done. If I die, I have to do everything all over and I just can't do that!" It was shocking that he only cared about not dying and killing people in the game as if it weren't bad. Some kids get so used to the violence that they think it's normal and better if they kill the ones that they don't like. How do I know this? My cousin and friends tell me this all the time. "It's fun killing everyone that's ugly, annoying and in your way. Less people, more chance you have to win and survive!" They say it like it's nothing and it's the best thing in the world. Think about it, if we let them continue. how would they be in the future? Would they kill people just because they're annoying and say it's funny? Video games, television shows and movies are highly effective now.
People usually ask me if I play video games, and how was my reaction to the shooting. I don't play video games because I don't find it interesting in my opinion. I do like watching action movies but I've never thought about doing anything violent or act like they do in the movies. How was my reaction to the shooting? I was angry that someone would have the audacity to do such a thing! Little kids die because of the action of one man? I felt as if he had mental problems so I knew I couldn't blame him for everything. I just felt so bad and sad for everyone that witnessed that and lost someone through the event. I hope the police and government decide on what to do for guns as for our safety. Rest in peace everyone that has died, I swear you would never be forgotten.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy